One of the things that stress me out is too much clutter. I freak out when I see things that are disorganized, and just plain dirty. I never thought I would be this kind of a person until I got married. When I got married and had more time to think of things instead of working the whole day, I had an eye on organizing whichever place we went. I want the utensils in a container. Toiletries in order make me smile. I want things having their own place because it gives me a sense of peace and calm. And so after rounds of shopping, I found these cute and practical decorative storage boxes.
Also read: Healthy Fast Meals: Easy, No Prep Needed
Benefits of Decluttering
Before we get into the ideas of how to use decorative storage boxes in your home, I want us to understand first the benefits of decluttering.
- Saving time – when we place things in the right order, we save time as we don’t have to spend it looking for the misplaced or lost item.
- Avoiding stress – The lack of a pristine and organized environment is a stress contributor.
- Mood booster – People like beautiful spaces. That is why we go to hotels, parks, museums, etc. because we pay for what our eyes see. It also brings us a sense of comfort being in a place where everything is in order and visually pleasing.
- Increased focus – Clutter is like baggage from the past. The more we hang on to it, the more we feel like we have to give attention to it. But when we let it go, we realize that we can focus more on the things that matter.
Clutter is like baggage from the past. The more we hang on to it, the more it weighs us down. #declutter #organize #home
Ways to use Decorative Storage Boxes
One simple way of decluttering your home is by using decorative storage boxes. These are small to medium sized functional boxes. to be placed on shelves, cabinets, closets and the like. Here are some ideas on how to use it.
1. Decorative Storage Boxes on TV Stand
My personal example would be placing these boxes under our TV stand. Before, it used to be a pile of random things with the gadget manuals, old device cases, etc. Now since we have 2 consoles, I used two boxes to separate the game DVDs and the accessories such as the plugs, headphones, adapters and controllers.
2. Decorative Storage Boxes for Shoes
These are also good storage for shoes! If you’re not a shoe rack person, or you just don’t want your shoes in plain sight, this can be a good idea. You just need to buy a decorative storage box that complements your shelf color, or find a space under your bed to place your shoes with these boxes.
3. As a Kitchen Organizer
You can use these cute boxes to organize your condiments and spices. You can also use them for utensils. If you’re going to use them in the kitchen, make sure to use waterproof material such as plastic, metal or wood to avoid stains and leaks.
Do you have documents and office supplies in disarray? Worry not, because using these storage boxes in your desk can also be very helpful. You just have to pick a couple of it, and you can organize each box per category. For example, documents on one side and office supplies on another.
There’s no limit!
I picked a simple natural color for my home because I really like white decor and furniture. But if that’s not your style, you can experiment! There are different storage boxes to choose from with styles that you may like.
How do you organize your home?
Was this article useful to you? How do you organize your home? Do you have any ideas you like to share? Leave us a comment below.
Subscribe for more
If you want tips and insights on marriage, family life and lifestyle, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog!